JOB INTERVIEW questions and answers (Part 1): Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?: Job interview questions and answers (Part 1)
Start your job search today at http://www.snagajob.com
In this week's job search tip, we're going to be going over job interview questions and answers. Today we're going to talk about the dreaded, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" question. We're going to look at it from every angle and discover what employers are really asking. That's coming up!
Hey, guys! I'm Kim with Snagajob and welcome to our weekly job search advice show! We're going to give you everything from interview tips to resume advice, and even a little fashion advice.
This week we're going to be tackling the dreaded interview question, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" A lot of you have been asking us about this. You're not sure how to answer it and a lot of employers do ask this in job interviews, so there's a good chance you're going to see this along the way. We're going to give you a couple tips to help make you more confident when this comes along.
Let's face it, this question is hard and there's really no way getting around that fact.
"What?! Are you serious?! I don't even know what I want for dinner tonight! How am I supposed to know where I'm going to be in five years?"
Now remember, hiring managers cannot predict the future and they don't expect you to either. What they really want to know is, are you worth the time and money it's going to take to hire you. It takes a lot of effort to hire an employee. Really, it's an investment. So if you answer...
"Dude, you haven't heard of our band? We're going to be totally touring the country by then!"
Then they'll know that you're not really looking for a place to learn and grow. You're just looking for something to hold you over until your real plans take off.
The best way to answer this question is to pick a few professional goals that you really have and go from there.
Example: "I'm really looking forward to putting my customer service skills to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment. The restaurant industry is somewhere where I'd like to develop my career, which is why I think this position is a great fit."
This is a great answer because:
1) You mention your skills—strengths that you have.
2) You talk about the industry as a whole and you're interested in investing your future in that area.
3) You tell them you're up for a challenge so they know you're going to be a really hard worker.
4) You mention the position specifically so they understand you're really interested in the job they are offering.
Interviewing can cause a lot of anxiety, we know this and we've all gone through it. But if you practice your answers and practice the questions that you know you're probably going to be getting, it can really help ease the nerves.
Thanks for joining us today! Please like this video if you found it helpful so we know to keep making more job search advice videos like this. We really want to make the most helpful videos for you in your job search. Also, we'd love to hear from you in the comments below. Tell us what has worked for you, or even what hasn't worked, and ask any questions you have about your job search, and we'll do our best to answer your question in future videos.
Remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/snagajob for more job search advice. We will have a new video every Wednesday.
Or go to http://www.snagajob.com where you can find tons of job in your area.
Thanks for joining us and we'll see you next week!
Share your job search story https://www.facebook.com/SnagAJob
Tweet us a question https://twitter.com/snagajob
Find an interview outfit http://pinterest.com/snagajob/
Tags: job interview questions and answers where do you see yourself in five 5 years jobs interviews question answer searching searches search how to find employment unemployment unemployed work working interviewer interviewing advice hints tips blog video help office restaurant retail office no experience vlog career
Это заинтересует вас
- Toughest Job Interview Questions: #5 Where Do You See Yourself 5 Years?
- Interview Skills - Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Expert advice
- Job Interview Tips. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Example of a good answer.
- Job Interviews: How To Answer Where Do You See Yourself In Five Years
- "Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?" Interview Question and Best Answers
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How To Answer Interview Questions
- Answering the tough interview questions 5: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Tough Interview Questions: Where Do You See Yourself 5 Years From Now?
- Job Interview Tips: Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years?
- Tough Interview Questions: Where Do You See Yourself 5 Years From Now?
- JOB INTERVIEW questions and answers (Part 2): Why do you want to work here?
- How to answer - Where do you see yourself after 5 years | Clear Any Interview Tips - 8
- How to Answer 'Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years?'
- 25 Most Common Job Interview Questions And How To Answer Them
- 08 common Interview question and answers - Job Interview Skills
- Top 3 interview and behavioural interview questions and best interview answers
- Top 10 Job Interview Questions - The Most Common Job Interview Questions You NEED to be Prepared For
- Interview Tips: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? BAD
- Frequently Asked Interview Questions - Where Do You See Yourself In 5 Years | HR Crest
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Job Interviews: Answering the "3-5 Years" Question
- Tell Me About Yourself: Good Answer To This Tough Interview Question (Avoid #1 Interview Mistake)
- How to answer tough job interview questions: Part II
- Tough Job Interview Questions: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- How to Answer Interview Questions - Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?
- Top 10 Interview Questions - Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years? by Kary York
- How to Answer: Where Do You See Yourself In Five Years?
- JOB INTERVIEW questions and answers (Part 3): Tell me about yourself
- Top 10 Job Interview Questions - The Most Common Job Interview Questions You NEED to be Pr
- Top 36 Job Interview Questions and Answers 2010
- Teacher Interview Questions - Interview Questions and Answers For Teachers
- Interview question: Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- How to answer the question Where do you see yourself in 5 years time
- MAX Employment - Top 10 Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Interview Question - Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
- Job interview questions and answers (Part 13): How to explain employment gaps
- Interview with Mike McKubre about Brillouin at SRI International -- Sterling's Visit (5 of
- Good Interview Answer to "Tell me about yourself" YouTube Top Pick
- Why should we hire you? Why should I hire you? - job interview questions & good answers
- Nursing Interview Question: Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
- Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years - Sample Answer
- Job interview questions and answers (Part 5): What are your weaknesses?
- Toughest Interview Questions: #1 Tell Me About Yourself
- Tell Me About Yourself - Good Answer Relies On Avoiding This #1 Job Interview Trap
- Job interview questions and answers (Part 7): Do you have any questions for me?
- 10 Job Interview Questions and Answers Series, No. 3 - What are your 5-year goals?
- The right way to answer interview questions about your strengths
- What can you do for us that no one else can - Tough Interview Questions
- Why do you want to leave your job - Answers to job interview questions