JOB INTERVIEW questions and answers (Part 1): Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?: Job interview questions and answers (Part 1)
Start your job search today at http://www.snagajob.com
In this week's job search tip, we're going to be going over job interview questions and answers. Today we're going to talk about the dreaded, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" question. We're going to look at it from every angle and discover what employers are really asking. That's coming up!
Hey, guys! I'm Kim with Snagajob and welcome to our weekly job search advice show! We're going to give you everything from interview tips to resume advice, and even a little fashion advice.
This week we're going to be tackling the dreaded interview question, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" A lot of you have been asking us about this. You're not sure how to answer it and a lot of employers do ask this in job interviews, so there's a good chance you're going to see this along the way. We're going to give you a couple tips to help make you more confident when this comes along.
Let's face it, this question is hard and there's really no way getting around that fact.
"What?! Are you serious?! I don't even know what I want for dinner tonight! How am I supposed to know where I'm going to be in five years?"
Now remember, hiring managers cannot predict the future and they don't expect you to either. What they really want to know is, are you worth the time and money it's going to take to hire you. It takes a lot of effort to hire an employee. Really, it's an investment. So if you answer...
"Dude, you haven't heard of our band? We're going to be totally touring the country by then!"
Then they'll know that you're not really looking for a place to learn and grow. You're just looking for something to hold you over until your real plans take off.
The best way to answer this question is to pick a few professional goals that you really have and go from there.
Example: "I'm really looking forward to putting my customer service skills to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment. The restaurant industry is somewhere where I'd like to develop my career, which is why I think this position is a great fit."
This is a great answer because:
1) You mention your skills—strengths that you have.
2) You talk about the industry as a whole and you're interested in investing your future in that area.
3) You tell them you're up for a challenge so they know you're going to be a really hard worker.
4) You mention the position specifically so they understand you're really interested in the job they are offering.
Interviewing can cause a lot of anxiety, we know this and we've all gone through it. But if you practice your answers and practice the questions that you know you're probably going to be getting, it can really help ease the nerves.
Thanks for joining us today! Please like this video if you found it helpful so we know to keep making more job search advice videos like this. We really want to make the most helpful videos for you in your job search. Also, we'd love to hear from you in the comments below. Tell us what has worked for you, or even what hasn't worked, and ask any questions you have about your job search, and we'll do our best to answer your question in future videos.
Remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/snagajob for more job search advice. We will have a new video every Wednesday.
Or go to http://www.snagajob.com where you can find tons of job in your area.
Thanks for joining us and we'll see you next week!
Share your job search story https://www.facebook.com/SnagAJob
Tweet us a question https://twitter.com/snagajob
Find an interview outfit http://pinterest.com/snagajob/
Tags: job interview questions and answers where do you see yourself in five 5 years jobs interviews question answer searching searches search how to find employment unemployment unemployed work working interviewer interviewing advice hints tips blog video help office restaurant retail office no experience vlog career
Это заинтересует вас
- Toughest Job Interview Questions: #5 Where Do You See Yourself 5 Years?
- Interview Skills - Where do you see yourself in 5 years time? Expert advice
- Job Interview Tips. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Example of a good answer.
- Job Interviews: How To Answer Where Do You See Yourself In Five Years
- Job Interview Question: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (Zoom Retakes Package)
- 25 Most Common Job Interview Questions And How To Answer Them
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Lord Sugar job interview practice
- Top 3 interview and behavioural interview questions and best interview answers
- Job Interview Tips - Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Top 10 Job Interview Questions - The Most Common Job Interview Questions You NEED to be Prepared For
- Tough Job Interview Questions: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- JOB INTERVIEW questions and answers (Part 3): Tell me about yourself
- Job interview questions - tell me where you see yourself in 5 years
- Job Interview Tips: Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years?
- Tell Me About Yourself: Good Answer To This Tough Interview Question (Avoid #1 Interview Mistake)
- Job Interview Tips Interview Questions & Answers YouTube
- Teacher Interview Questions - Interview Questions and Answers For Teachers
- 3 Keys to Answer the Tell Me About Yourself Interview Question
- Top 10 Interview Questions - Tell Me About Yourself? by Kary York, Insurance Resourcing
- Job Interview Tips What is your greatest weakness Example of a good answer YouTube 3
- Interviews: Where Do You See America in a Few Years
- Toughest Interview Questions: #1 Tell Me About Yourself
- Toughest Job Interview Questions: #2 What Are Your Greatest Weaknesses?
- Good Interview Answer to "Tell me about yourself" YouTube Top Pick
- Job Interview Question: Tell me about yourself....
- Where Do You See Yourself In 5 Years?
- Question 5
- Interview Question # 5
- Interview question 1
- Where do you see yourself in 1 years time
- Employment Interview Part 3 (Not to be taken seriously)
- Interview Question 11 Rick Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Job Interview Tips: Tell me about yourself. Example of a good answer.
- "Tell me about yourself" - How to answer this interview question
- How to Answer Classic Job Interview Questions
- Where do you see yourself
- Interview Question # 1
- Answers to 5 toughest job interview questions YouTube Y
- No work experience? Tell me about yourself: Teen job interviews with no experience (Part 2)
- "Why should I hire you" - Best Interview Questions and Answers
- Interview Skills - Why should we hire you? The unbeatable answer!
- interview question 2
- Tell me about yourself - job interview question. Good/bad answer. How to interviews questions & tips
- Toughest Job Interview Questions: #4 Why Do You Want to Work Here?
- Interview Tips: Share a goal you set for yourself. (GOOD ex)
- What can you do for us that no one else can - Tough Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself - The perfect answer.
- Group 9: Where Do You See Yourself In 5 Years
- How to Answer the Salary Question | Job Hunting