JOB INTERVIEW questions and answers (Part 1): Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?: Job interview questions and answers (Part 1)
Start your job search today at http://www.snagajob.com
In this week's job search tip, we're going to be going over job interview questions and answers. Today we're going to talk about the dreaded, "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" question. We're going to look at it from every angle and discover what employers are really asking. That's coming up!
Hey, guys! I'm Kim with Snagajob and welcome to our weekly job search advice show! We're going to give you everything from interview tips to resume advice, and even a little fashion advice.
This week we're going to be tackling the dreaded interview question, "Where do you see yourself in five years?" A lot of you have been asking us about this. You're not sure how to answer it and a lot of employers do ask this in job interviews, so there's a good chance you're going to see this along the way. We're going to give you a couple tips to help make you more confident when this comes along.
Let's face it, this question is hard and there's really no way getting around that fact.
"What?! Are you serious?! I don't even know what I want for dinner tonight! How am I supposed to know where I'm going to be in five years?"
Now remember, hiring managers cannot predict the future and they don't expect you to either. What they really want to know is, are you worth the time and money it's going to take to hire you. It takes a lot of effort to hire an employee. Really, it's an investment. So if you answer...
"Dude, you haven't heard of our band? We're going to be totally touring the country by then!"
Then they'll know that you're not really looking for a place to learn and grow. You're just looking for something to hold you over until your real plans take off.
The best way to answer this question is to pick a few professional goals that you really have and go from there.
Example: "I'm really looking forward to putting my customer service skills to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment. The restaurant industry is somewhere where I'd like to develop my career, which is why I think this position is a great fit."
This is a great answer because:
1) You mention your skills—strengths that you have.
2) You talk about the industry as a whole and you're interested in investing your future in that area.
3) You tell them you're up for a challenge so they know you're going to be a really hard worker.
4) You mention the position specifically so they understand you're really interested in the job they are offering.
Interviewing can cause a lot of anxiety, we know this and we've all gone through it. But if you practice your answers and practice the questions that you know you're probably going to be getting, it can really help ease the nerves.
Thanks for joining us today! Please like this video if you found it helpful so we know to keep making more job search advice videos like this. We really want to make the most helpful videos for you in your job search. Also, we'd love to hear from you in the comments below. Tell us what has worked for you, or even what hasn't worked, and ask any questions you have about your job search, and we'll do our best to answer your question in future videos.
Remember to subscribe to our YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/snagajob for more job search advice. We will have a new video every Wednesday.
Or go to http://www.snagajob.com where you can find tons of job in your area.
Thanks for joining us and we'll see you next week!
Share your job search story https://www.facebook.com/SnagAJob
Tweet us a question https://twitter.com/snagajob
Find an interview outfit http://pinterest.com/snagajob/
Tags: job interview questions and answers where do you see yourself in five 5 years jobs interviews question answer searching searches search how to find employment unemployment unemployed work working interviewer interviewing advice hints tips blog video help office restaurant retail office no experience vlog career
Это заинтересует вас
- Answering the tough interview questions 5: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- JOB INTERVIEW questions and answers (Part 2): Why do you want to work here?
- Tough Interview Questions: Where Do You See Yourself 5 Years From Now?
- Tough Interview Questions: Where Do You See Yourself 5 Years From Now?
- Job interview questions and answers (Part 13): How to explain employment gaps
- JOB INTERVIEW questions and answers (Part 3): Tell me about yourself
- Job Interview Tips Where do you see yourself in 5 years Example of a good answer YouTube 2
- Job Interview Questions - What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment? - Sample Answer Included
- Interview Bloopers #1: "Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years?"
- Job Interview Questions - What Is Your Greatest Strength? Good Answer To This Job Interview Question
- Job interview questions and answers (Part 5): What are your weaknesses?
- Top 3 interview and behavioural interview questions and best interview answers
- Job interview questions and answers (Part 7): Do you have any questions for me?
- Behavioral Interview Questions - How To Answer Behavioral Questions Using The Upgraded STAR Method
- Job interview questions and answers (Part 6): Why should we hire you?
- Interview Question: Why are you looking to leave your current job? (Wrong answer example)
- 10 Job Interview Questions and Answers Series, No. 3 - What are your 5-year goals?
- Job Interview Question: Where do you see yourself in 5 years? (Zoom Retakes Package)
- Job interview questions and answers (Part 9): Why do you want to leave your current job?
- MOUSE Corps: Where Do You See Yourself in 5 Years?
- JOB INTERVIEW questions and answers (Part 4): What are your strengths?
- No work experience? Why should we hire you? Teen job interviews with no work experience (Part 1)
- How to Answer: Where Do You See Yourself In Five Years?
- Job Interview Tips - Simple Job Description Tip To Nailing Your Job Interview
- Just the Tip Tuesday - Job Interview
- Job interview questions and answers (Part 10): How to explain being fired
- Wednesday - Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- Teacher Interview Questions - Interview Questions and Answers For Teachers
- How to answer tough job interview questions: Part II
- Top 10 Interview Questions and Answers in 2014
- Where do you see yourself in ten years
- Job interview tips (Part 1): Five quick job interview tips
- Job interview questions and answers (Part 11): What are your pay requirements?
- No work experience? Tell me about yourself: Teen job interviews with no experience (Part 2)
- No work experience? What are your strengths? Teen job interviews (Part 3)
- Job Interview Tips - Job Interview Questions and Answers
- Verbling - Job Interview preparation
- Interviews: Where Do You See America in a Few Years
- Dangerous Job Interview Questions Answered
- How to interview for a job: The do's and dont's of job interviews part 1
- How To Use Feng Shui To Boost Your Career With More Authority & Influence
- Job Interview Questions Prep App - Job Prep Tutorial App
- It professional interview
- Toughest Interview Questions: #1 Tell Me About Yourself
- EMS Questions | 7/26/12
- Job Interview Answers - How to get your job
- Are you overqualified?- How to answer interview questions
- interview 5
- Answering the tough interview questions 4: Why do you want to work here?